lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

Personal ritual

My personal ritual is that every time I am going to study for a test I have to have everything lined up on my desk. And by everything I mean a glass of water (I don’t know why, but it has to be there, even though I don’t drink the water).  I also need two pens of each color, just in case one goes out of ink.  Also a bunch of blank paper, because if it is not there I can’t concentrate, because I am constantly thinking, what if my notebook runs out of paper and so on.  Also I have to get rid of everything that is a distraction.  Then I go to get some music, but most of the time I don’t even play it, but again, it needs to be there just in case. After I have done all of this, I can start studying. When I am done studying, I do some things like clean up my desk, put everything where it belongs, drink the water, but if I already drank it, I just put the glass away. I don’t know why, but I always do these things, some times even unconsciously.  

1 comentario:

  1. Ana Lucia:

    I think you've only just started to write about your personal ritual--especially as I asked for a piece of writing that is 650 words, and yours doesn't reach 200.

    Please follow instructions!

    Next time, concentrate on sensory language, concrete language and making lots of comparisons so I can have a real, clear picture of what it is you're talking about.

    The point of this exercise is to TELL A STORY, and here, I only have a play by play of what's going on.

    Push yourself. Challenge yourself. You wrote a beautiful paper. I know you are capable of more.

    Best,
    Miss K

    ResponderEliminar